At Juniper Family Health, our naturopathic physicians offer immune boosting programs for the prevention and treatment of common viral infections. Most bacterial infections of the sinuses, lungs, throat, and ears are secondary to prolonged viral infections. By catching the viral infection at its early stage, and supporting your body's ability to fight off the virus, more serious bacterial infection and the need for antibiotics can be avoided. Our naturopathic doctors understand when antibiotics come into play, but their ultimate goal is to prevent you from needing these medications in the first place. By treating the root cause of poor immune function, you can expect to fight off colds and flus more easily, and be sick less often.
What Compromises Our Immune Function?
- Microbiome imbalance (i.e. balance of good to bad bacteria in the gut)
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Chronic stress
- Food sensitivities and allergies
- Over consumption of sugary foods
Immune Boosting Treatments Offered
- Microbiome Balancing: A combination of dietary interventions and probiotic therapy is offered to support the healthy balance of good to bad gut bacteria.
- IV Nutrient Therapy: A solution of B vitamins, vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Selenium and Zinc is infused directly into the circulation, through a vein, generally over 10-20 minutes by a gentle “push,” or 30-45 minutes by “drip.” A series of 4 treatments is recommended for cold and flu prevention (just prior to cold and flu season), and 1-2 treatments for acute viral infections.
- Herbal Compounding: A blend of immune boosting and antiviral or antibacterial herbal medicines can be compounded on site specifically for your needs. Herbal medicines are very effective at preventing colds and flus, but also at treating viral and bacterial conditions acutely.
- Food Allergies & Sensitivities: Blood testing or elimination-challenge diets are offered to pin-point food reactions, and comprehensive nutritional plans are provided based on your results.
- Adrenal Fatigue: Chronic stress can lead to a state of cortisol imbalance and adrenal fatigue, which often impairs immune function. Stress reduction, and cortisol balancing treatments are offered in the form of herbal medicine, vitamin and mineral supplementation, IV nutrient therapy, and lifestyle counselling.