At Juniper Family Health, our naturopathic doctors offer developmental milestone checks and acute visits for infants 0-2 years. Developmental milestone checks (or well-baby visits) include thorough physical exams, developmental anticipatory guidance, nutritional guidance, and an opportunity to discuss any health concerns parents may have. If health concerns do arise, our naturopaths use a wide variety of safe and effective natural therapies, and will prescribe conventional medications when required.
Developmental checks are scheduled at key developmental milestones in your baby's life: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 15 months, 18 months, and 2 years. Acute visits are also welcome at any time between the standard developmental checks.
What Can I Expect During a Well-Baby Visit with a Naturopathic Doctor?
- Full physical exam (e.g. lungs, heart, abdomen, ears, etc.)
- Height, weight, and head circumference check for growth charts
- Developmental milestone check (e.g. gross and fine motor, speech)
- Age-appropriate nutritional guidance
- Developmental anticipatory guidance
- Question & answer period
- Comprehensive natural treatment plans when needed
Common Health Concerns Addressed by Naturopathic Doctors:
- Breast feeding issues
- Postpartum depression or anxiety
- Fever management
- Cold & flu management
- Vaccination education
- Nutritional supplementation
- Teething support
- Ear infections
- Baby acne
- Food sensitivities, intolerances & allergies
- Diaper rashes