This week is Naturopathic Medicine week! Follow the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA) on Facebook to learn more about local events and contests.
5 Facts About Naturopathic Doctors / Naturopaths You Need to Know:
1) Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) must earn an undergraduate degree, complete four years of post-graduate training at an approved school of Naturopathic Medicine and pass rigorous, standardized North American licensing exams.
2) We’re trained to diagnose. We do annual checkups. We order lab tests. We can prescribe clinically tested medicines. We can refer you to other health professionals, if required.
3) We work in hospitals, clinics, corporations and private practice. Some of us play an active role in federal health initiatives. We work collaboratively with medical doctors and researchers to address the needs of those seeking complementary care.
4) We blend scientific knowledge with traditional and natural medicine.
5) We don’t just treat symptoms. Our natural focus allows us to look at your physical and emotional makeup, environment and lifestyle — all keys to unlocking the underlying cause of illness.
#MedicallyTrained #NaturallyFocused #NatMedWeek #HealthPromotion #DiseasePrevention