Need some inspiration for your holiday baking? Look no further! Here Dr. Meghan van Drimmelen and Dr. Carla Cashin share their favourite holiday treat recipes.
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted, and soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the shredded coconut, dates, vanilla, sea salt, and coconut oil in a food processor and process until thick and sticky.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls rolling with palm of hand.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until barely golden.
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted or in liquid form)
- 1 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- Melt coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan.
- Sift cocoa powder into a mixing bowl. Add the turmeric powder and stir.
- Pour the melted coconut oil and honey mixture onto the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the fudge onto a tray lined with baking paper then place into the freezer until set.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season!
Dr. Meghan van Drimmelen & Dr. Carla Cashin